Windows MCNP

Robert Loesch asks if there's interest in MCNP for Windows.

Yankee uses UNIX workstations for MCNP work and PCs for other
simple codes.  We have written a Visual Basic
interface for QAD.  I have tried a version of QAD-CG for PC
written by SIM which is nice.

I like UNIX workstations better because they are more reliable,
faster, and they administer multiple tasks.  However, PCs are
cheaper, and more widespread, so you are never without one.

Have other rad-safers had reliability problems with PCs?  My 486
runs Windows 3.1 and seems to crash about every twenty hours
of operation.  Errors are ussually related to interference
between programs.

After reliability, I would consider multi-tasking the most

important
required improvement.  Windows 95 is supposed to do this.  It

seems
to me that a long MCNP job might take a day to run and you might
want to do other things on your PC while this was running.  Also
you don't want your PC crashing mid twenty hour job.

Any multitasking windows 95 experience out there?

regards,

Andrew Hodgdon
hodgdon@yankee.com