Available Co-60 sources

Sandia National Laboratories has 69 Cobalt-60 pencil type gamma
sources available for reapplication.  They are cylindrical pencil type
sources having dimensions of 12.56 inch length and 0.445 inch outside
diameter.  Most of the sources are approximately 10 Ci per pencil, but a
few are approximately 80 Ci per pencil.

These sources are presently bound for disposal (return to manufacturer)
because they have decayed below the activity required for the given
project; however, there is nothing else wrong with these sources.  We
would like to find another user for these sources.  If someone in your
organization has any use for some or all of these sources or would like
some more specific information please contact me and I will be glad to
provide it.

I will also contact Terry Devine as suggested by J. Hardeman earlier on
radsafe.

Arthur Shanks
Sandia National Laboratories
P.O. Box 5800