Re: FOOD IRRADIATION AND THE PRESERVATION OF VIT. C -Reply

The actual dose required depends on the intent. Pastuerization would
require lower doses than sterilization. Sprout inhibition generally lower
still. Sterilization of Ham, generally about 3 to 3.5 MRad, Beef a little
higher.Strawberries less than 0.4 MRad, potatos 5 to 10 KRads.
	Tom Martin