Public Relations

At McMaster University, we are in the process of preparing a
commprehensive decommissioning plan for our 5-MW swimming pool type
nuclear reactor. Naturally, the general public will have to be informed
of our plans and we will have to address their concerns. Does anyone know
of documentation from similar decommissionings that describes the public
relations plan, lessons to be learned, traps to be avoided, etc? The
reactor is on campus in the midst of a residential area.
Any communication can be sent to me at the address below or to our
Director, Office of Public Relations, Joanne Emerson at
emerson@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Your advice will be gratefully accepted.

John Harvey                            | McMaster University
Senior Health Physicist                | NRB-110
(905) 525-9140 ext 24226               | 1280 Main St. W.
harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca         | Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1