Re[2]: STATISTICAL FREE RELEASE RAD SURVEYING TECHNIQUES.

     I am pleased to see this subject being discussed, and, a Manual being
     developed for operational use. Having had the pleasure to study SQC
     (Statistical Quality Control) from the JUSE (Japanese Union of
     Scientists and Engineers) during FPL's attainment of the Deming Award,
     I am a staunch believer in making decisions based on data. The key to
     all of this, statistical analysis or not, is that the data used in the
     decision making process MUST be good data, and well as valid data.
     Again, the statistics is only as good as the data being evaluated.

     I have seen too many facilities take data and totally misuse the
     statistics and arrive at the wrong conclusions. Statistics is OK, but
     when the logic tells you that something is wrong, you better go back
     and look at the data.

     I look forward to seeing more information on this Manual or
     information as it progresses.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company