Re: 5-(3H-methyl)-thymidine destruction

>>>No reason to deactivate thymidine - the bacteria in the treatment
>>>plant will take care of it just fine.
>>
>>5-(3H-methyl)-thymidine
>>   ^^
>>I found out from the original poster that this meant tritiated methyl
>>thymidine.
>
>No reason to deactive tritiated methyl thymidine either.  The
>bacteria aren't fussy.

That's true.  But there may be drain discharge issues relating to the
tritium levels, and the uptake potential of the tritiated thymidine,  as
opposed to the uptake potential of T2O.

There may also be local political issues with *gasp* drain disposal of
radioactive materials.  Or corporate policy issues, even.  Stranger things
have happened.

John

*John DeLaHunt, EH&S      * 1125 Glen Avenue          *
*The Colorado College     * Colorado Springs, CO 80905*
*jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu* VOX:  (719)389-6678       *
*        Owner:           * FAX:  (719)635-3177       *
*hazmat-l@cc.colorado.edu *                           *
***********This message is hereby disclaimed***********