Re: Wilhelm Roentgen

John Cameron,

You certainly made a great response to Alan Enns' inquiry about 'hearing any
stories or anecdotes about the 'olden days' ".

I'd like a copy of your tape with Hodges. Can you provide a list of other
interviews with subjects that you have? Have they been transcribed?

You should also send this to the MEDPHYS list, and your other response/comment
on MEDPHYS to this list. (If you don't mind, I'd like to send this also to the
ANS Biology and Medicine Division list.)

Note that the 500 rad lifetime is consistent with the estimate for the UK
radiologists that started practice after 1921 reported on Smith and Doll,
1981, showing no adverse health effects compared to other comparable medical
practioners (as compared to radiologists practicing before 1921 that did have
excess cancers, but very much higher doses, including the radiologists who
practiced extensively in very long-hours and primitive field hospital
conditions in WW I.)

Thanks.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com