Radioactive Contamination Anecdotes

Radsafers,
I am in the process of developing a refresher training session for my
radioisotope users. I would like to give them some examples of contamination
incidents which could have been avoided if researchers had followed proper
procedures,  ie. wipe tests, geiger surveys, good lab practices.

I am not looking for the spectacular like the NIH and MIT incidents, but the
mundane. So if you are willing to share any personal stories of 32P on your
shoes, scientists found wipe testing their steering wheels or similar
incidents, I would greatly appreciate it.

Carol Lentz
lentzc@aa.wl.com