Furloughs

Four Regional Dept. of Veterans Affairs HPs have been furloughed.
The Western Regional HP, Dr. Ed Leidholdt is one of those.  He was
a frequent contributor to radsafe as part of his job is to alert us
people in the trenches to concerns, new regulations etc.  He shared
much of what he sent to us with radsafe.  I doubt he or the others
alone account for any reduction in traffic, which frankly I haven't
noticed.

A good share of HPs are in government and most of us, even the
"essential" ones don't feel like singing right now.

Opinions are obviously my own and do not reflect those of this
facility, the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, or the U.S. Government
such as it is.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Dever vernig.peter@forum.va.gov