Re: Radioactive Contamination Anecdotes

Although not a contamination anecdote, this one does have some humor.
While a graduate student, I was one of the more active users of
radioisotopes.  Our lab had an AC ratemeter to which I connected a G-M
probe.  A few of the other graduate students used to kid me about have
a "nuclear reactor" running in the lab.  One day, one of the more vocal
students, Al, walked by during a P-32 experiment with the usual "Hey
Charp, how's that reactor running/"  To respond, I told him I would
turn up the volume so he could hear for himself and then set the dial
to the 60 cycle test.  Hearing that chatter, Al ran from the lab and
left me alone for quite awhile!!

paul charp (pcharp@ix.netcom.com)