?sewer disposal

I am gathering data to try to convince my management that it really is
OK to pour decayed short-lived aqueous waste down the sewer.  (I know
what 10CFR20 says about this, but I am dealing with politics rather than
regulations.)  IĠd appreciate hearing from universities and
pharmaceutical users who have significant quantities of short-lived
aqueous waste streams (P-32, I-125, etc.)

IĠd like to know if you sewer dispose before decay, sewer dispose after
decay, or dispose of by some other method.  All information will be kept
confidential if you desire.

Please respond to me directly at zummo@gene.com

I will post a summary of responses if this would be useful to the rest
of the Radsafe community.

Thank you in advance for your help.

John Zummo, RSO
Genentech, Inc.