Ethics and Safety - Pediatric Studies

I am being asked to evaluate the radiation safety aspects of a research
proposal, in which children (post-surgical) up to 10 years of age will be
given two doses of Technetium 99m sestamibi (9.25 MBq/kg, and then
27.7  MBq/kg).

Australia's advisory body, the National Health and Medical Research
Council, does not set specific limits for paediatric exposures in research.

I would gladly receive any suggestions about what factors I should include
in such an assessment.

Mark Hanlon,
Radiation Safety Officer,
The New Children's Hospital