No Subject

I'm facing with difficult problems related with radiactive waste
disposal of non-radioactive departments, that is from interned patients
who got some kind of radioisope mapping in the nuclear medicine
department, and come back to their ward ( that is not considered a
radioactive area).
My point is that I don't intend to transform all the medical center in a
big radioactive installation.
I would like very much to get information from the radsafers on how they
deal with these problems:
1- Is there a law regulating the radiactive waste from these patients?
2- Is it permitted to drop all their rejects into the normal waste?

Thanking you in advance

Sergio

 Sergio Faermann Ph.D.                      Tel: 972 - 7 - 400682
 Chief Medical Physicist                    Fax: 972 - 7 - 232336
 Institute of Oncology                      E-mail: sergio@bgumail.bgu.ac.il
 Soroka Medical Center
 P.O.B 151 Beer-Sheva 84101
 ISRAEL