Re: Strippable Paint?

Hi Y'all,

Does anyone know of a vendor for strippable paints?

Also any experience in how well they hold up to traffic(i.e. moving drums)?
We are constructing a new Waste vehicle and thought this paint might
be nice to use on the floor, if it will last awhile.  I don't necessarily
want to add "painting" to my list of daily duties.

Thanks in advance,

Gregg Cohn
University of California-Santa Cruz
     **************************
     Gregg,

     We use strippable paint on a routine basis.  We get from Bartlett Nuclear
     800/225-0385.

     It gives us good decontamination factors for our types of contamination.
     Even better, it reduces the amount of waste generated when compared to the
     generation of soapy water and the resins to clean up the water.  The cost
     of processing the water and burying the resins is also high.  You should
     consider the surface that you need to decontaminate.  We are
     decontaminating large surfaces (fuel cavities and refueling equipment).
     Your application and costs may be significantly different.

     Clay R. Madden
     Principal Health Physicist
     Washington Nuclear Plant-2
     CRMadden@WNP2.COM