Trigger Levels for Use of RP in Airborne Areas

Season's Greetings RADSAFER's!

I have come begging for any documented studies that may be available on
the use of respiratory protection (RP) and loss of work efficiency,
particularly in regard to extending stay times in a high external exposure
areas.

Also, what are your DAC trigger levels for putting folks in RP.  Our current
practice is to put folks in RP when we post an airborne area.  This is not
the practice I am accustomed to at other facilities and would like any input
you may have.

Finally, (pls don't flame me for asking this) does anyone assign dose with
BZ data when you have the opportunity to perform bioassay? (I realize this
would violate the cardinal rule of internal dosimetry, but stranger things
have and can happen)

Please respond directly to me at mford@pantex.com.  If you would like to
post your message for the edification of others (which I totally understand),
please add me to your cc: list.

Mercy Buckets!  (Texan French)
=: )

Michael Ford
Battelle Pantex
Amarillo, Texas
806.477.5727
mford@pantex.com
caveat lector:  Battelle Memorial
Institute, Mason & Hanger Silas-Mason,
and the U.S. Department of Energy, hereby
disclaim the preceding message.