P-32 LSC efficiency

Will someone confirm my thinking on this... or tell me where I'm wrong?

A known amount of P-32 is counted in 5ml of counting cocktail in a
Beckman liquid scintillation counter with channels wipe open.  There is
no chemi or photo luminesence.  A P-32 counting efficiency of about 150%
is shown.

The efficiency exceeds 100% because Chenenkov effect contributes to the
counter cpm.  Right ....?  In what counting region might one find the
Cherenkov radiation appear?  ... H-3 region?, ... C-14 region?

Thanks for the help,  Bill Fendt, 35346@udel.edu