Trigger Levels for Use of RP in Airborne Areas -Reply

>I have come begging for any documented studies that may be available
>on the use of respiratory protection (RP) and loss of work
>efficiency, particularly in regard to extending stay times in a high
>external exposure areas.

The two papers I'm familiar with on this subject, and there have to
be more, are "Dose Expansion from Using Respirators" by Greenwood and
O'Dou Radiation Potection Management Vol 9 #4 pp 22-29 and an
editorial in the same issue by Early "Professional Suicide:
Disregarding the Respiratory Realities of the Revised 10CFR 20"
pp:44-48.

The estimates of increased work times were 10-50% for a filter
respirator, 20-100% for supplied air and 50-200% for SCBA.

Hope this helps, its a start anyway.

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education
framep@orau.gov