LNT vs Regs.

Congratulations to Bob Flood for an excellent, rational and lucid exposition
on the "Dose versus Regulations" question.

The only comment I would add is that, in a democracy, regulations made
by the government (should) reflect the will of the people.  The general
public cannot be expected to have the depth of understanding of the LNT
concept that so many of the RADSAFE postings have demonstrated.  Who
can therefore blame the general public for what, to us, may be an
unreasonable fear of low level radiation ?

As radiation professionals, we have an obligation to educate - and this
should not be limited to the staffs of our institutions.

Mark Hanlon
Radiation Safety Officer
The New Children's Hospital
P.O. Box 3515,