Regarding Negativism and Persoanal Attack

     Let me first say that I appreciate Paul Vitalis's comments. It's OK to
     disagree with one's comments, but if you don't agree, attack the
     ideas, not the messenger. I wasn't going to respond at all, but .....

     With respect to Mr. Ogden, I have two statements to make:

     " As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has
     the best information."

     - Benjamin Disraeli -

     " A trust in science does not imply the abandonment of hunch and
     intuition. On the contrary, the history of science itself is studded
     with cases of important discoveries made through chance, hunch,
     serendipity, even dreams .... Most executives who use their hunches
     well also seem to possess a high level of knowledge and understanding
     about their activities. So the question is not when to apply science
     and when to rely on intuition, but rather how to combine the two
     effectively."

     - Harvey Wagner, professor of business administration at the
     University of North Carolina and a distinguished scholar in the world
     of decision science. An excerpt taken from "The Renewal Factor" by
     Robert Waterman, Jr. -

     If one doesn't like something posted here, or doesn't like the person
     making the comment, then by all means let them know, but do it
     privately. THAT is the professional way to handle dissent.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company
     Nuclear Division