read them to see what verification research is needed now. No, I'm not
going to do it, at least until I retire. But, it would be a good
graduate thesis, no? Al. Tschaeche.

*** Reply to note of 12/05/95 07:44

From: Colette Tremblay
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: Re: Low dose radiation,  or ...
Alex:

(edited)

>I even got a copy of
>the "Health Physics" issue devoted to radiation hormesis in
>humans.   I would suggest that those who are saying small
>amounts of radiation are *probably* good should read those
>papers.

Please give the reference? I am interested in reading them.

(edited)

>Radiation hormesis is proven for simple systems like plants,

Apart from Radiation safety, I work part time in plant molecular biology,
and I can tell you that plants are NOT a simple system: in fact some plant
species have HUGE genomes that constitute a big target and therefore should
be more susceptible to radiation damage. Now I think that relatively little
is known about DNA repair and apoptosis in plants (relative to mammals) and
the capacity for repairing radiation-induced damage can be very different
between plants and humans.

Colette Tremblay
Recherches en sciences de la vie et de la sant=E9
Pavillon Charles-Eug=E8ne-Marchand
Universit=E9 Laval Qu=E9bec QC
Canada  G1K 7P4
T=E9l: (418)656-2893