Re: Low dose radiation, or ...

Alex:

(edited)

>I even got a copy of
>the "Health Physics" issue devoted to radiation hormesis in
>humans.   I would suggest that those who are saying small
>amounts of radiation are *probably* good should read those
>papers.

Please give the reference? I am interested in reading them.

(edited)

>Radiation hormesis is proven for simple systems like plants,

Apart from Radiation safety, I work part time in plant molecular biology,
and I can tell you that plants are NOT a simple system: in fact some plant
species have HUGE genomes that constitute a big target and therefore should
be more susceptible to radiation damage. Now I think that relatively little
is known about DNA repair and apoptosis in plants (relative to mammals) and
the capacity for repairing radiation-induced damage can be very different
between plants and humans.

Colette Tremblay
Recherches en sciences de la vie et de la santé
Pavillon Charles-Eugène-Marchand
Université Laval Québec QC
Canada  G1K 7P4
Tél: (418)656-2893