Re: Low dose radiation, or ...

Dan Strom makes this same point very strongly in his October 1995 HP
Newsletter article.  I highly recommend it for those who want to see
some of "the other side" of the LNT debate.

Wes

> Date:          Mon, 4 Dec 95 21:56:17 -0600
> From:          ALEX MITCHELL <HOSPAM@wnmeds.ac.nz>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       Low dose radiation,  or ...

> BTW,  with the inclusion of a dose & dose rate effectiveness
> factor (DDREF) of two in the ICRP risk factors (ICRP 60, 1990),
> it seems to me that they are no longer applying the LNT model
> as such.   This indicates that they are no longer either:
>
> 1.  persisting with a discredited risk model;  or
> 2.  taking a conservative position in the presence of conflicting data.

Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P.                     512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us