Forwarded: Another Virus Warning--but this time real

     This  is a REAL warning folks!  From NRaD's computer people.
And believe me they know of what they speak.

     Joel Baumbaugh  (Baumbaug@nosc.mil)
     NRaD
     San Diego, CA

     Std.  Disclaimer:  While  this message was produced  by  the
Navy/Fed.  Govt. (NRaD), I did not actually receive a  Cart-blanc
to  send  it  out  on  the net so I hope  I  don't  get  my  hand
slapped!!!

P.S.  The  first  person used here is not myself, I  deleted  the
original  header.  Don't e-mail me back questions 'cause I  won't
know the answers.... J.B.

PC  users,  evidently  there is a Trojan Horse hiding  under  the
guise  of a file called AOLGOLD.zip.  Someone has introduced this
file as a "wonderful" new version of the America Online software.
Please  do  not  confuse this with the promotional  copies  being
distributed   via  direct  mailing  or  bundling  with   computer
magazines.  What we are talking about here is a file that someone
may  mail  to  you  as an attachment to email or place  on  to  a
Bulletin  Board System.  If you should receive such a file, trash
it  immediately.   Do not attempt to decompress it with  PKUNZIP.
When  decompressed  and executed, it can destroy files  and  your
hard drive setup.

I  have  verified  the  existence  of  AOLGOLD.ZIP  with  America
Online--because  they  obviously  are interested  that  something
harmful is being distributed in their name.  The have seen it and
know the harm that it can cause.  The dangerous thing about this,
folks,  is that there is no guarantee that such a file will still
have these obvious earmarks if someone sent it to you.
It  doesn't have to be America Online.  They might say that it is
a  new driver for your HP Printer.  Just be wary and  suspicious.
If  you  can't  be dissuaded from accepting  things  from  people
because  you just have to have the latest, greatest, and fastest,
then  at  least be particular about whom you accept things  from.
Despite  our constant warnings, we still find users who bring  in
diskettes that infect systems here at work.  STOP DOING THIS!!!