what is the problem here?

      Radiological Engineering (bst@inel.gov)
      6-1279  MS 4138  FAX 6-8959  Pager 5841

GOOD JOB MELISSA, I AGREE WITH YOU! AMEN!!

*** Reply to note of 12/08/95 10:51
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: what is the problem here?
Call it Friday, call it lousy weather, but my patience is very quickly
running out.

<flame mode: ON>

I am now convinced that some of you are unable to: (1) read, (2) comprehend
the written word, and/or (3) follow written instructions.

<flame mode: OFF>

I can understand an honest mistake; we all make them.  However...

(1) RADSAFE subscribers don't care if you apologize for being off-topic --
DO NOT POST OFF-TOPIC MESSAGES; DO NOT USE RADSAFE TO *RESPOND* TO
OFF-TOPIC MESSAGES.  The topic of this list is radiation protection and
issues pertaining to it; ANYTHING ELSE IS OFF-TOPIC.

(2) RADSAFE subscribers don't want to read messages that simply state
sentiments such as "I agree with you" or "Good job" if you have nothing
original to add to the message thread -- send personal
praise/messages/whatever directly to the original poster, DO NOT SEND SUCH
MESSAGES TO RADSAFE.

(3) In order to aid in (2) above, ALWAYS PUT YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS SOMEWHERE
IN YOUR MESSAGES.

(4) ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN BEFORE HITTING THE "SEND" KEY

For those who missed the RADSAFE rules *yesterday* and the time before that
and the time before that and...
===========
RADSAFE "Netiquette"

1. Be mindful of the size of your messages -- quote only enough text from
   the original message to make your message meaningful and don't post
   encoded files to RADSAFE.  Some subscribers have limited disk space in
   their e-mail accounts.

2. Respond to the RADSAFE list ONLY if you feel that your response would be
   of interest to every RADSAFE subscriber.  Otherwise, please send
   your response to the author of the message to which you are replying.

3. Include your e-mail address somewhere in the body of your message
   so that people can respond to you directly rather than clutter the
   list.

4. Do not send commands intended for the listserver to RADSAFE.  For
   a list of listserver commands (such as unsubscribing or getting
   messages in digest format), send a message to
   listserv@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu with the word HELP in the body of the
   message.

5. No commercial postings are allowed on RADSAFE.

6. If you have questions or problems with RADSAFE that you can't solve,
   e-mail me at m-woo@uiuc.edu, not through the RADSAFE mailing list.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

--
 Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                       | m-woo@uiuc.edu
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign          | office 1.217.244.7233