Background radiation levels

I have a researcher who needs to know about background radiation
(ionizing, not UV,...)  levels since the appearance of life on earth.
Specifically, during the almost 4 billion years of lifes evolution how
have background levels of ionizing radiation changed?

I would appreciate RADSAFER's insights and references for this.

Thank you in advance for all of the good information I am about to receive.

Kent Lambert
LAMBERT@hal.hahnemann.edu

These are my thoughts.  If they are wrong
I accidentally pressed the send instead of
the delete key.  My employer makes no claim
to endorse my opinions.