Re: High Altitiude Exposures

Alden,

One needs to throw in the caveat: if enough of the "right" people
agree....

P.S., I think you would find better agreement at a number somewhat
less than 5 rem, which would allow nearly 100 rem cumulative dose to
an 18 year old (sorry Ron, I won't reflexively use SI until the
regulations get there).

Wes

> Date:          Mon, 11 Dec 95 16:40:16 -0600
> From:          "ALDEN N TSCHAECHE" <XAT@inel.gov>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       Re: High Altitiude Exposures

> Ron - well, if you'd accept 5 rem per year as de minimis and get
> everyone else to do too there would be a "real de minimis level." After
> all it's only by agreement that the regulations are made. If enough
> people agreed that 5 rem per year IS de minimis, it would be. :-). Al.
> xat@inel.gov

Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P.                     512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us