Re[2]: High Altitiude Exposures

     NO, I am not suggesting that we actually monitor patient dose received
     from diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. I was inadequately making a
     statement that environmental exposure, which should remain
     non-regulated, is generally much lower than exposures given to the
     general public routinely as part of medical treatment. I should have
     just stopped after my first two statements, and added the fact that
     dosimetry operations "subtract" natural background, be it local
     background and/or transit dose from dosimeters. We don't account for
     natural background. Licensees are only accountable for assessing dose
     to their employees received from radioactive material utilized in
     their operations or maintenance activities.

     Hope this clarifies my previous #3 statement.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company
     Nuclear Division