Re: waste tracking software

With improved spreadsheets, such as the current Excel, I don't see the need
for a commercial program, such as RADMAN, if you're knowledgable in the
regulations.  If you're not knowledgable, these programs may lead to a false
sense of security. We now use our own program, which prints our paperwork the
way we want it.  Since we're intimately familiar with the construction of the
program, we have confidence in it, rather than having to rely on a "black
box."  We do use Microshield for our dose to curie conversions.  I have a
very simple spreadsheet which does an approximate calculation, that I use to
validate our use of Microshield.