RAdon contamination

TV screens: the papers I have seen clearly demonstrate that there is little
correlation between the contamination levels  deposited on a CRT and the level
of radon daughters in the air.  So monitoring the CRTs is not a valid way
of estimated the radon level.

Object contamination: We have had the experience of seeing contamination on
the order of 100's of dpm per swipe of machined plastic components.  The
plastic is presumed to retain a good static charge which makes it a good
collector.  [Just another oddball fact]

SLABACK@MICF.NIST.GOV  [NBSR Health Physics Group]
    ...a little risk, like a bit of spice, adds flavor to life

QUIT