Life Span Study of Hiroshima and Nagasak

Contrary to the impression from several sources, the RERF data does NOT seem
to be available on CEDR. CEDR does have study reports in a form organized to
support BEIR V, based on the data in, I believe, RERF-TR-5-88.  Unlike other
data sets that provide access to actual data, it seems the RERF data
continues to be unavailable. Questions on the influence of the binning and
whether it has an effect on the extreme anomolous "sawtooth" results
reported in some dose-response data in the low dose range seem not to be
subject to inquiry.

It is also seems untoward that the more recent data, reported in the Rad
Research Supplement last year (don't have in front of me), are not indicated
to be included (though they substantially suppress the details of the dose
ranges below 40 rad).

If anyone has any more info on, or access to, the RERF data, or can provide
answers or insight to the above question, I would be very interested (as
would Dr. Cameron, since I believe this issue is at the center of his
initial inquiry).

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com