Re: Detection of Surface tritium activity with portable G-M Survey meters

I'm not aware of a window thin enough for H-3.  The Eberline gas flow
proportional counter has a tritium probe available.  This is a windowless
probe which is placed directly on the surface to be monitored.  I've never
actually used it.  On those rare occasions when I monitor for H-3, I use
wipes counted in a liquid scintillation counter.  I once heard a talk by
someone from New England Nuclear, which described their own H-3 survey
instruments.  You may want to call them.
Bill Lipton, CHP