--------------------------------------
Date: 1/4/96 8:23 AM
To: GORDON MILLER
From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
 I have just received a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) from a vendor for a
 device containing tritium; this MSDS addresses the radiological hazards rather
 than chemical/physical hazards. It has been my understanding that OSHA
 specifically exempts radioactive materials from MSDS requirements. Can anyone
 confirm this and provide me with a reference citation for this exemption?

      Bruce Pickett
      The Boeing Company
      Seattle, WA
      shea136@kgv2.bems.boeing.com