Non-ionizing Radiation

	Just wondering what other Universities do to "regulate"
	the use of non-ionizing radiation such as lasers and
	microwaves at their facilities.  Our Radiation Safety
	Committee covers ionizing radiation but has traditionally
	not dealt much with the non-ionizing side.  They are
	toying with the idea of setting up a separate committee
	or a sub-committee to deal with such issues.  Is this
	necessary?  What are your experiences with such things?

	They are also curious whether or not other Universities
	specifically grant "licenses" to users of non-ionizing
	radiation (something we do for ionizing radiation users).

	Any thoughts appreciated, not just from Universities.

	Thanks in advance.

	Margaret Ashton
	University of Colorado
	Health Physics Laboratory