Subject: Re: Radionuclides in Sediment
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    1/10/96 1:43 PM

You wrote:

>          Is anyone familiar with any proposed or existing regulations
>          on limits for radioactive concentrations in sediment?
>
>          meg_macleod@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

The EPA, USNRC, and USDOE are currently developing guidelines for
radiological contamination at federal sites.  The proposed CFR listing
is 40 CFR 196.  The current information that I have is that the dose
limit is to be 15 millirem (0.15 milliSv) from all pathways.  However,
I am not too sure if the numbers have been finalized prior to the
request for comment listing.  It is my understanding that the numbers
are being developed using Resrad 5.19 and the scenario varies with
circumstances.

paul charp (pcharp@ix.netcom.com)