Subject: Re: Natural Thorium
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    1/10/96 7:13 AM

You can make an outstanding image of a Coleman (R) latern mantel in about
20 minutes on the technitium-99m photopeak.  Oral legend has it that the
photons come from thorium.  Apparently, the idea is to spike cub scout
latern mantels so the ash becomes ionically charged and does not drop into
the latern base.  Instead, the ash is upposed to float into the atmosphere
of your 10 year old's tent for filtering by the lungs.

So why is the FDA so hell bent on disabling nuclear medicine in the USA?

mozley@darius.pet.upenn.edu