Re: Regz for Sediment

>    And I don't see how the public influences the development of
>regz, certainly not directly.  The radiation protection community
>is responsible for developing the new regulations!
>
>john stephens

I am not too sure if indeed the rad protection community is completely
responsible for reg development.  Those in the know do have some say in the regs
but before regs are adopted, the public is invited to comment.  In my dealings
with the public on this (I work for a USPHS agency which shall remain
nameless-disclaimers do not always work), no matter what the regs state or what
the risk is, the loudest (activists) state that radiation is killing those
around the contaminated sites.  IMHO, politics not science seems to set the pace
for certain aspects of cleanup.
paul charp  (pcharp@ix.netcom.com)

"Imagination compliments knowledge"