Re: SEDIMENT AND REGS

     Let me venture a statement on why.  First, during ops, the general
     public is not invited to have picnics and build houses on the
     licensees property.  Second and most important, we are talking about
     D&D releasing the property for unrestricted use.  If the dose limits
     are going to be higher based on ram left on site, then certain
     restrictions will apply to the property, including deed restrictions,
     access restrictions, etc.

     The RegBody is doing good by having a much lower dose limit apply to
     areas that have been decommissioned and released to the general
     public.  Let's look at another aspect.  15 millirem per year is going
     to be somewhat, but not a lot, easier to determine than the EPA
     proposed 10 millirem per year, which if you calculate based on 24 hour
     occupancy for 365 days per year (worst case basis) the total dose rate
     allowable after D&D will be .00114 microR per hour.  Does your meter
     measure so fine?  Occam's razor would hang over our head with a limit
     such as this.

     R.R. Goodwin
     Ohio Department of Health
     Radioactive MAterials Safety