Re[2]: Tritium Dose Conversion Factor Confusion

> >I believe that the quality factor for tritium beta's
> >will be changed "officially" in the sooner future from 1 to 1.5 or 1.2
> >Question: How it will affect on CEDE?
> >I doubt that only simple multiplication on 1.5 there will do it all.
> >
> >Emil Kerrembaev.
>
> I have to show my ignorance here, as I have no idea what you are talking
> about with regard to the change in quality factor.  What "official" source
> are you referring to?

- I think ICRP will do that with regard to the quality factor. I
meant "officially" quality factor  with respect it's independency
from any personality.

> With regard to the CEDE, since the CEDE is an integrated exposure rate with
> respect to time, and the quality factor is not integrated, the CEDE would
> vary directly with the change in quality factor.

- I should indicate TODE instead CEDE. Although an external dose
(rem) will be less for tritium because of it's low energy of beta's,
compare to an internal dose. It would lead to different quality
factors for internal and external doses.

The tritium has very distinguishing beta's because of their very low
energy. This leads to the higher biological effect form small(low)
energetic beta's with respect to their energy, SINCE TRITIUM IN THE
BODY, compare to more(high) energetic beta's with the same respect to
their energy.
Or higher conversion factor form the absorbed dose to
the dose equivalent for low beta's compare to high beta's.
For the external dose I would think there should be an opposite
relation.
Although the "official" ICRP's quality factor is 1.0 for
all beta's still.

 with respect
-Emil Kerrembaev. ME.