Re: Tritium Dose Conversion Factor Confusion -Reply

In the interest of furthering Paul's sub-thread and general pot
stirring, which I've done relatively little of lately ;) let
me pose the following question. What fraction of the Tritium beta's
energy is absorbed in extra cellular material.  This could be important
in terms of Dose Equivalent.  As an example, I learned a few month's ago
that the reason alpha emitters deposited in bone do not cause
leukemia is that the range of the alpha is less than the distance to
the stem cells in the marrow.  I believe I heard this first in a
talk by Don Jose on radiation litigation.  I don't recall the reference
off the top of my head.

Dale Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu