Radiation Sterilization of Soil

Radsafers:

A researcher here at Montana State University is pondering the use of gamma
radiation to sterilize soils contaminated with organic chemicals.  Chemical
or heat sterilization cannot be used.  The samples to be sterilized are
about one kilogram in mass each (four samples).

Is there a commercial service we can use to accomplish the sterilizations?
Alternatively, I appeal to those university radiation safety organizations
that have the facilities and equipment to help us out here.

Additionally, I could use any information related to soil sterilization
using gamma radiation.  Any references to literature on the subject would be
extremely useful.

Your consideration is greatly appreciated!

-Erick Lindstrom

 Erick Lindstrom
 Radiation Safety Officer
 309 Montana Hall