Re: Did A-Bomb exposure lead to better

Dear Jim:
      Please let us see the data.  Survivor populations do tend in
many circumstances to have long lives, as classically shown by the black
population of the US which in early life have high rates of death from
trauma, infant mortality, infectious disease, maternal mortality and
cancer compared to whites.  Once they reach advanced age, the survivors
are pretty hardy.  But to tell the public that A-Bomb survivors are now
living longer than the controls despite about 400 radiation induced cancers,
based on suvivors who are 80 or over is not acceptable.  I am neither a
governmental spokesman nor am I a governmental apologist.  I have no
grants to protect, other than the grant of common sense and experience.
                             John Goldsmith, M.D.