Re: Accelerator Incidents?

Tim Paul asked:

>  Does anyone know of good reference materials on accelerator
>  incidents.  I'd like information on both medical and non-medical
>  accelerators.

Try -

_Set Phasers on Stun and Other True Tales of Design, Technology and
Human Error_ by Steven Casey, Aegean Publishing Co., Santa Barbara, CA,
1993. (ISBN 0-9636178-7-7)

The first chapter is about a medical Therac-25 accelerator incident in
the 80s, with 18 references.  It also provided the title for the book.

Rick

Richard G. Strickert, Ph.D.          |  "If the only tool you have is a
Radian Corporation, Austin, TX       |   hammer, it is remarkable how
512-310-5259, FAX 512-244-0160       |   everything begins to look like
Internet:rick_strickert@radian.com   |   a nail."
 ---> "All written IMHO." <---       |                  -  A. Maslow