Re: wipe sampling

Kim
I think most of us would agree that for routine wipe testing there is
little reason for being super-scientific.  There are so many factors that
might affect your final result.  The point is to get a reasonable
indication of whether contamination is present and some idea of its
magnitude.  It would be important to be able to demonstrate that,
whatever your wiping method is, you can see contamination above whatever
your action level is set at.  To answer your questions, we use standard
paper wipes from Acme Distributers, PO BOX 444, Kinston TN 37763 at $1
per box of 100.  Bill Fendt  35346@strauss.udel.edu