Re: conversions

>> Here's an easy one for you.  How many curies are in a becquerel and visa
versa?

>1 curie is 37 gigabecquerels
>
>1 becquerel is 27 pecopcuries

For most practical purposes, and in order to begin to think SI (pardon my
treason) we can use the following conversions for many (most) purposes:

     1 Ci is approximately 40 GBq

     1 Bq is approximately 30 pCi

Usually our measurements in Ci units are only approximations, anyway.  For
those rare occasions that we need more accuracy, we can use the more exact
relationships.

Frank E. Gallagher, III, CHP
Manager, Radiation Protection
  and Radiation Safety Officer
Environmental Health & Safety Office    Phone:  (714) 824-6904
University of California                Fax:    (714) 824-8539
Irvine, CA   92717-2725                 E-mail: fegallag@uci.edu