William E. Morgan

 William E. (Bill) Morgan passed away from cancer at age 66 on January 26,
 1996.

 Bill was the first Radiation Safety Officer for the Boeing Company and founded
 the Boeing Radiation Health Protection group in 1957. He retired in 1993 after
 thirty-five years with Boeing RHP. After his retirement, Bill continued to
 provide health physics consultation services.

 Bill received his undergraduate degree from the University of Washington. He
 received additional health physics training as an officer in the US Army, as
 an Atomic Energy Commission Health Physics Fellow, and at the Hanford Atomic
 Works. Bill served on several ANSI committees for radiation-related standards
 and was past chair of the State of Washington Radiation Control Committee. He
 was a member of the Health Physics Society and the Society's Cascade Chapter.
 Over the course of his Cascade Chapter membership, he held several offices and
 was Chapter President in 1982.

 Bill was well known for his great sense of humor. He was an avid skier, a
 boatman, and a private pilot, and he enjoyed traveling with Verona, his wife
 of 43 years. He is survived by Verona, three children and four grandchildren.
 Remembrances in Bill's name may be made to the Alki United Church of Christ,
 6115 SW Hinds Street, Seattle, WA 98136. Services will be held at the Alki
 Church on Friday, February 2 at 2:00 p.m.

   Larry Proud
   Bruce Pickett
   The Boeing Company
   (206) 393-3098 FAX (206) 393-3060
   shea136@kgv2.bems.boeing.com

 | "You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just might be a   |
 |  lunatic you're looking for."  - Billy Joel                 |