LN-T

To: RADSAFE --INTERNET radsafe@romulus.eh

I wonder if others think the same way as me,ie re: Joyce Davis's LN-T
Compromise, published in the Feb HPS Newsletter... point #2 "discourage the
use of LN-T for quantitative extrapolated risk-per-rem correlation by risk
assessors..." That's the heart of the issue for us regulators. This issue
reminds me of 1st year calculus and the concept of a Limit as the variable
goes to 0 of infinity (I can't remember which). We need some sort of
scientifically credible and correct calculus limit concept for low doses.
Then we can say (keep in mind this is analogy) something like "No,there's no
increased risk if you pick up that mantle, it's an "integral" or it's on the
 flat part of the J curve.  Well...?

Radiation Protection, Ministry of Health, British Columbia
The opinions and material above are solely those of the author.
Disclaimer for postings to bulletin boards, newsgroups, etc.
rnross@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca