Re: ? releasing freezers as non rad waste

 We generally clean out the freezer, decontaminate as necessary, perform
 a wipe survey to show that the freezer has removable contamination less than
 Reg. Guide 1.86 limits.  Document everything then toss it.  Note that
 in all the surveys I performed we tended to decontaminate to non-detect
 I know its overkill but we had the time and hp techs were cheap.

Luke McCormick c0etxlim@mrd2.mrd.usace.army.mil
.