"Exit Signs" containing Tritium

 We have recently been inspected by our local Fire Department Inspector and
 are being classified at a high hazard classification in labs utilizing
 Tritium foils.

 To assist the Inspector, who acknowledges that he is not radiation
 literate, to understand Tritium, I would like references and public
 documented information which describes the tritium used in Exit signs.
 Any other information which may be passed on to this Inspector, who is
 willing to work with us to reclassify these labs would be gratefully
 appreciated.

 To keep "traffic" down on Radsafe, please respond to my E-Mail address
 listed below.  If any others would like the same information, please
 forward your E-Mail address and I will pass on what information I receive.

 David Norman
 Technology Radiation Safety
 Western Atlas Logging Services
 Houston, Texas  77251