Re: I-131 MCA Patient Room Decon

As a former chemist, I would like to suggest that Clorox may not be a
wise choice. Surely this will oxidize the iodide to elemental iodine and
release it to the room air. This may be a good way to clean up the toilet
bowl, but it doesn't do much for the room air, walls, etc. Try a reducing
agent, say sodium thiosulphate in a mildly basic NaOH solution.

John Harvey                            | McMaster University
Senior Health Physicist                | NRB-110
(905) 525-9140 ext 24226               | 1280 Main St. W.
harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca         | Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1