Re: Interstate commerce

In a message dated 96-02-14 13:00:06 EST, John DeLaHunt wrote:

>Interstate is pretty clear -- cross a state line and it's interstate.

Oddly enough, this was the part that was unclear.  I have heard
interpretations ranging from "crossing a state line" to "driving on a US
Interstate" to "driving on a US Highway" to "crossing a US Highway."

>Some states have adopted all the HM-181/126F requirements for intrastate
>shipments (like Colorado), for all parties, even governmental, which makes
>the distinctions between government and non-government, and inter- and
>intrastate, moot for shipments originating, passing through, or ending in
>Colorado (near as I can tell).

California references 10 CFR 71.5 for all persons (not limited to licensees)
who transport radioactive material. . ., so we essentially cover all bases
also.

>Perhaps you could provide a hypothetical example, and get some hypothetical
>answers.

Don't have one.  The discussion was purely academic.  Really.

blhamrick@aol.com
Barbara L. Hamrick